Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Mrs. Duarte: The Perfect Dress

 Back in May, my younger brother, John, proposed to his sweet and thoughtful girlfriend, Andrea. Fast forward to December 23 and I’m in a dress shop trying on bridesmaid dresses with Andrea, my sister, Dawn, and Andrea’s cousin. 

While we were trying on dresses, Andrea quietly mentioned that she had chosen her bridal gown from this very same store months ago and her dress is currently being stored in her mother’s house in a safe place while she waits for the big day next August. 

A moment later she was off searching for the dress in the racks eager to show it to us! Well showing us the dress ended up turning into Andrea trying on the dress for us to see! Of course, we made her try it on! We HAD to see the dress on her! 

A few minutes later she exited the changing room and stood there with the dress on. Andrea looked stunning! The beautiful white A-line dress was absolutely perfect for her. Her long blond hair draped over her shoulders and hit the straps of her white dress with a beautiful v-neck. She was beaming! I knew in that moment that it was the perfect dress, but most importantly that day I understood how excited she was to be my brother’s future wife. She was smiling from ear to ear. Andrea even mentioned that my brother (whom I hadn’t seen cry since he was a little kid) told her that he would probably cry when he saw her walk down the aisle. 

Seeing my brother’s fiance in her wedding gown,  it really hit me…my little brother was getting married. He watched my older sister exchange vows 19 years ago. He watched me exchange my vows 13 years ago and soon he would.  I can’t wait to stand by Andrea’s side as her bridesmaid as we officially welcome her to our family next August.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mrs. Meehan- Closing Thoughts

  Hi everyone,  Thank you for writing and reading slices throughout the month, and if you were a commenter, an extra thank you!  I’ve loved ...